Stion, a thin film solar panel maker founded in ’06, closed $25 million of a $55 million total funding round, with Khosla Ventures leading the financing. Other investors in Stion include Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., LightSpeed Venture Partners, Braemar Energy Ventures and General Catalyst Partners. Stion’s total equity funding is around $240 million.
Solar Startup Stion Receives $25M in Venture Capital
NewerPropel Fuels Raises $21M for Alternative Fuel Stations Ethical Electric Receives $2.2M in Series AA RoundOlder
Featured News Topics
In this Issue
- The Paris Agreement: What it Means for Climate Finance
- VCs, Financiers Show Growing Interest in Urban Farming
- 1955 Capital’s Andrew Chung on Top Clean Tech Opportunities in China
- Resiliency Driving Demand, Financing for Smart Energy Storage
- Indoor Farming Set to Surge in Asia This Year: Experts
- CBRE Exec on Green Buildings: Financing, New Technologies, and New Trends
- Briefing: Emerging Opportunities in Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- China’s Climate Pledge Means Opportunities for Cleantech Firms
Special Report: Cleantech VC Fundraising
CleanTechIQ examines LP demand for cleantech and reveals how VC firms are successfully raising new funds.
Special Report: Innovations in Clean Tech Finance
Project finance innovations being developed now for the clean tech sector will likely have a big impact in coming years.
Special Report: ESG Opportunities Across Asset Classes