Choose Energy received its first round of funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Stephens Capital Partners. The startup, founded in ’08, has developed a web service that enables consumers to compare prices for all the retail electricity plans available in the area, get educated on each type of energy, and enroll in a plan. It has plans to enter all 19 states that allow deregulated energy companies to operate as well as 22 states that have implemented deregulation of natural gas.
Kliener Perkins Invests $4 Mil in Cleanweb Startup Choose Energy
NewerVC-Funded Eden Park Awarded $1M DOE Grant for Water Tech Fenox VC Makes First Green Investment in Japanese Online Solar MarketplaceOlder
Featured News Topics
In this Issue
- The Paris Agreement: What it Means for Climate Finance
- VCs, Financiers Show Growing Interest in Urban Farming
- 1955 Capital’s Andrew Chung on Top Clean Tech Opportunities in China
- Resiliency Driving Demand, Financing for Smart Energy Storage
- Indoor Farming Set to Surge in Asia This Year: Experts
- CBRE Exec on Green Buildings: Financing, New Technologies, and New Trends
- Briefing: Emerging Opportunities in Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- China’s Climate Pledge Means Opportunities for Cleantech Firms
Special Report: Cleantech VC Fundraising
CleanTechIQ examines LP demand for cleantech and reveals how VC firms are successfully raising new funds.
Special Report: Innovations in Clean Tech Finance
Project finance innovations being developed now for the clean tech sector will likely have a big impact in coming years.
Special Report: ESG Opportunities Across Asset Classes