Q2 2013 represented the lowest funding quarter in the past four years. Out of the $50 million in VC funding, home and building automation companies accounted for $33 million in five deals, grid optimization companies with $17 million in three deals, and advanced meter infrastructure and security companies with one million each. Enlighted, the top deal, raised $20 million. There were three M&A transactions that took place in Q2.
Mercom: VC’s Invest $50M in 10 Smart Grid Deals in Q2 2013
NewerTop Analysts Predict Solar Market Rebound Report: Solar Represented Nearly Half of New U.S. Electricity in Q1 Older
Featured News Topics
In this Issue
- News Brief: Gotham Greens Grows in Colorado as Beyond Meat, Starbucks Partner in China
- Managers Tighten Up Their Due Diligence to Find the Best Green Bonds
- Social Bonds Come of Age with Covid-19 Bond Surge
- Investors, Managers, Tech Startups Turn their Attention to Affordable Housing
- Prime Closes First ‘Climate Tech’ Fund Well Above Target
- The Paris Agreement: What it Means for Climate Finance
- VCs, Financiers Show Growing Interest in Urban Farming
- 1955 Capital’s Andrew Chung on Top Clean Tech Opportunities in China
- Resiliency Driving Demand, Financing for Smart Energy Storage
- Indoor Farming Set to Surge in Asia This Year: Experts
- CBRE Exec on Green Buildings: Financing, New Technologies, and New Trends
- Briefing: Emerging Opportunities in Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- China’s Climate Pledge Means Opportunities for Cleantech Firms
Special Report: Cleantech VC Fundraising
CleanTechIQ examines LP demand for cleantech and reveals how VC firms are successfully raising new funds.
Special Report: Innovations in Clean Tech Finance
Project finance innovations being developed now for the clean tech sector will likely have a big impact in coming years.
Special Report: ESG Opportunities Across Asset Classes