W2 Energy signed an agreement worth $5.5 million to buy 51 percent of AM Biofuels, based in Malaysia. The acquisition will expand W2’s fuel business in Southeast Asia, as the company continues a strategy of production, blending and distribution of biofuels. AM Biodiesel’s plant, licensed under Malaysian Palm Oil Council, has the capacity of 30,000 Metric Tons per year of biodiesel production.
U.S. W2 Energy Set to Buy Malaysian Biofuel Maker
NewerDOE Awards $1.3 Grant for Algae Biofuels Project MaRS Cleantech Invests in Early-Stage Energy Efficiency Firm Older
Featured News Topics
In this Issue
- News Briefing: New York, LA Take Major Steps toward Low-Carbon Future; $2Bil Raised for New Sustainable Investment Funds; Fiat Chrysler Moves into EV Charging Infra; Schneider Electric Invests in Autogrid
- Institutional Investors Sharpen ESG Engagement Goals: BlackRock, NYC Comptroller's Office, Segal Marco Advisors
- Sustainable Investment News Briefing: VC Funding Pours into Battery Storage Companies; Vertical Farms Raise Cash; Shell-backed Solar Developer Raises $200M for Asian Expansion; Distributed Generation Gains Interest From Institutional Investors
- Institutional Investors Boost their Holdings in Renewable Energy Investments
- The Paris Agreement: What it Means for Climate Finance
- VCs, Financiers Show Growing Interest in Urban Farming
- 1955 Capital’s Andrew Chung on Top Clean Tech Opportunities in China
- Resiliency Driving Demand, Financing for Smart Energy Storage
- Indoor Farming Set to Surge in Asia This Year: Experts
- CBRE Exec on Green Buildings: Financing, New Technologies, and New Trends
- Briefing: Emerging Opportunities in Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- China’s Climate Pledge Means Opportunities for Cleantech Firms
Special Report: Cleantech VC Fundraising
CleanTechIQ examines LP demand for cleantech and reveals how VC firms are successfully raising new funds.
Special Report: Innovations in Clean Tech Finance
Project finance innovations being developed now for the clean tech sector will likely have a big impact in coming years.
Special Report: ESG Opportunities Across Asset Classes