Renewable energy generation and energy storage group, Gaelectric, raised $84 million in funding for its portfolio of on-shore wind energy projects in Ireland. The portfolio comprises 164 MW of generation capacity across 13 projects Ireland which the Group plans to develop out by 2017, representing a total investment in the region of $325 million. Gaelectric is developing a further pipeline of 510 MW of wind energy projects in Montana to supply power markets in the Pacific North West and California within the 2014 to 2017 timeframe.
Gaelectric Secures $84 Mil from Proventus Capital for Wind Projects
NewerNew $52 Mil EU Fund Invests in Dominica Geothermal Project VC-Funded Eden Park Awarded $1M DOE Grant for Water TechOlder
Featured News Topics
In this Issue
- The Paris Agreement: What it Means for Climate Finance
- VCs, Financiers Show Growing Interest in Urban Farming
- 1955 Capital’s Andrew Chung on Top Clean Tech Opportunities in China
- Resiliency Driving Demand, Financing for Smart Energy Storage
- Indoor Farming Set to Surge in Asia This Year: Experts
- CBRE Exec on Green Buildings: Financing, New Technologies, and New Trends
- Briefing: Emerging Opportunities in Distributed Energy Storage Systems
- China’s Climate Pledge Means Opportunities for Cleantech Firms
Special Report: Cleantech VC Fundraising
CleanTechIQ examines LP demand for cleantech and reveals how VC firms are successfully raising new funds.
Special Report: Innovations in Clean Tech Finance
Project finance innovations being developed now for the clean tech sector will likely have a big impact in coming years.
Special Report: ESG Opportunities Across Asset Classes